Angelo Civic Theatre is currently seeking a Youth Intern for the Youth Productions and Performance Workshops. This internship provides a positive work experience with the cast and production crew as well as increased knowledge in musical theatre production.
Internships are exciting and become major assets for college applicants or those who want to explore a career in the arts. Here are just a few of the benefits experienced during an ACT Youth Internship:
- An opportunity to work with an outstanding production team
- Creative opportunites to assist in choreography
- A respectful production team that will encourage ideas and suggestions
- Gaining directing skills by shadowing the director during blocking and scenework with actors
- Assisting the director and stage manager with organizational skills such as scene breakdowns and blocking
- Leading warm ups with the cast
- Working individually with groups on scenes or choreography
- Attending production meetings with the production team
- Learning the essential elements in producing a major musical for the Angelo Civic Theatre mainstage
- Increased self confidence, self respect and self discipline
- Gaining skills in the area of problem solving and listening to others
- The opportunity to work in a positive atmosphere that encourages creativity, uplifts the spirit and challenges the mind providing support in all areas of personal growth
To qualify for the Youth Internship, we ask that applicants fit this critera:
- High School Sophomore through College Student
- Has high standard of work ethic
- Has enthusiasm for the arts and art community
- Has performed in at least 1 major production through Angelo Civic Theatre, High School, San Angelo Civic Ballet, or civic/school venues from other areas.
- Can provide 2 letters of recommendation from somone in the community who has worked directly with applicant, or is a personal adult friend of the family
- Be able to attend all rehearsals and production (including tech week). Please see ACT's Youth and Education Cordinator, Donna Aycock, for a production schedule.
Please note: This is not a paid position (although in effort to be dramatic and sentimental as thespians do best.... your payment will come in the form of a happy heart and a spirit full of passion and creativity!)
Also of special note: Interns may audition for the show, but we prefer they do not accept principal roles in the production. That said, Interns may accept an understudy role or ensemble role. Working on the production team is a busy job, and we encourage internships to be the top priority during rehearsals and productions.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also be prepared to provide two letters of recommendation and to fill out an application. Applications are available now! If you have any questions, please call the theatre at (325) 949-4400.